Summer has officially ended. School is back in session. And once again I failed to meet goals I set for myself.
Excuses. They are so easy to come up with. I could list a million of them. They are legitimate. They are truthful. They are also, none the less, excuses.
So, instead of bemoaning my failures, writhing in depression, or giving you all the reasons why things didn’t work out the way I would have liked – My way – I will tell you all the wonderful things that did happen to me over the past few months.
- We sold our house.
- God provided a new house with lots of things we always wished for.
- God provided a new car, which we really needed.
- My cousin’s daughter (2 year-old) had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor and her kidney. It was successful and the cancer has not spread. Praise God!
- We spent quality time with our 4 children.
- I have been able to do repair, painting, and crafting on the new place and have enjoyed it!
- I have been able to see God’s goodness, kindness, mercy, love, and patience towards me over and over again.
Yes, summer is over and my goals were not met but God accomplished much greater things in me this summer than I had planned, and my heart is full.
Routine is upon us, but for this short period of time I have learned and grown from the shake-up. The rain brought the rainbow and I couldn’t have asked for more. I feel confident that had things gone my way I would have stayed as I was, where I was, in the rut I was in.
Proverbs 16:9 – The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.